2019 STIHL FS 40 C-E
Call for Price
A lightweight, reliable grass trimmer, featuring STIHL Easy2Start™ technology, a low exhaust emission engine and lightweight curved shaft.
This entry-level trimmer feels like first class. The STIHL FS 40 C-E trimmer is lightweight, balanced in hand and features a curved shaft for exceptional handling. And that's just the outside of the trimmer. Inside, the low exhaust emission and fuel-efficient engine is ideal for home use - putting grass and weeds to rest with good cutting power. This grass trimmer also features our innovative Easy2Start™ technology, so you can get started with just a simple pull of the starter cord. Together it makes for one fantastic deal, unless you're a weed.
- Adjustable front handle: The front handle is easily adjustable (360-degree rotation) for comfort.
- Convenient throttle/start/run/stop controls built into the handle for easy operation.
- Simplified Starting Procedure: To get started, simply pump the fuel primer, set the choke and pull the starter cord. The built-in stop switch allows the user to turn off the engine with a simple press of the button. When the engine is off, the throttle lock automatically returns to the “start" setting. Your power tool will be ready to be started when you're ready to get back to work.
- Fully Lined Drive Shaft: Provides smooth operation and less vibration.
- High Tech Polymer Housing: Housings are lightweight, withstand greater impact and are corrosion-resistant.
- Protected Choke Lever/Knob: Helps prevent damage.
- Throttle Trigger Interlock: Must be depressed before the trigger can be activated.
- Air Filter Cover: Easily removed for fast and easy filter cleaning or replacement.
- Protected or Enclosed Control Cables: Eliminate dangling and loose wires.
- Heavy-Duty Steel-On-Steel Clutch: Centrifugal clutch is designed to reduce slippage.
- Protected Spark Plug: Protected yet easy to change.
- Protected Spark Arrestor Muffler: Has large baffles which reduce noise level and contains a screen designed to reduce the emission of sparks.
- Upright Translucent Fuel Tank: Allows operator to easily check fuel level before starting work. Upright position makes it easier to refill.
- Purge Pump Primer: By pressing the bulb, this small fuel pump delivers fuel to the carburetor, reducing the number of starting pulls needed after an extended break between uses.
- Multi-Function Control Handle: Having easy access to all of the controls on one comfortable handle makes it easy to complete tasks so the operator's hand never has to leave the handle.
- Loop Handle (R): Loop handle grass trimmers and brushcutters are ideal for trimming between bushes and shrubs and other areas where space is limited.
- Built in the USA: Indicates products that are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components.
- Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - Caring for Nature: The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature" seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions" as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
- STIHL Easy2Start™: The STIHL Easy2Start™ system makes starting STIHL outdoor power tools almost effortless, eliminating the need for a strong pull of the starting cord. This advanced starting system is designed to make starting STIHL products easier. The specific system may vary by model, but in each case, a quick pull overcomes the engine's compression to minimize the strength and effort required to start. Available on selected products.
- Displacement: 27.2 cc (1.66 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 0.7 kW (0.94 bhp)
- Weight*: 4.5 kg (9.9 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity: 340 cc (11.5 oz.)
- Cutting Swath: 15"
- Power Source: Gas
- Engine Type
- 0.94 bhp (0.7 kW)
- 1.66 cu. in. (27.2 cc)
- Cutting Width
- 15 in.
- 9.9 lb. (4.5 kg)